How to Get a Good Deal on Hair Extensions
As a convenient and quick way to alter their hairstyles or appearance, extensions have become a popular choice for women all over the globe. Celebrities love extensions and they are used by hair stylists in the movie, fashion and TV industries. They can be found on major streets across major cities and online. It can sometimes be difficult to keep track of the prices due to the popularity of these extensions and the new lines that are constantly coming on the market.
It is difficult to determine what you are getting for your money and how they compare due to their many qualities. Here are some things to remember when shopping for weaves and extensions online.
- The quality of hair extensions determines their price. There are many quality levels for hair extensions, just like any other product. Extensions can be either synthetic or human hair. In some cases, unscrupulous sellers will even mix hair from horses! Synthetic hair is less expensive than human hair. The cost of obtaining hair, dyeing it, and treating it is why it is more expensive. There are many brands that produce synthetic and natural extensions of human hair. Be careful when choosing.
Hair can also be classified as Remy hair, non-Remy hair Virgin Remy, Remy hair or not-Remy hair. First, Remy hair is all cuticle aligned, meaning that all hair runs in the same direction. Remy hair looks better because it is less likely to tangle or matt. However, it takes longer to source Remy hair wefts than Virgin-Remy wefts. They also cost more to make. There are two types of Remy quality: Virgin Remy and Non-Virgin Remy. Virgin Remy hair is hair that has not been chemically or mechanically altered, bleached or coloured, or texturised in any manner.
- Prices for hair extensions are determined by their source. This includes availability and scarcity. For example, a curly light brown hair (a characteristic of mixed African/European/Indian ethnicity) is quite rare and will therefore command a higher price than dark brown or black straight hair (which is very common in India and Asia). You can source human hair from India (a large producer), Asia (China, Malaysia), Brazil (very rare), and Europe (Russia). While the origin of hair may be from any of these countries, the actual production of hair wefts and tips, or even clip-ins, could actually occur in another country. Chinese companies buy a lot Indian hair to make various extensions.
- The supply chain also influences the price of hair extensions. The supply chain is also important. In the above example, Indian hair is purchased by Chinese weft manufacturers and sold worldwide.
- The length of hair extensions is what determines their price. It is obvious that 30 inches of human hair are more difficult to grow than 10 inches. The length of the hair weft is also a factor in the price of hair extensions. Because synthetic hair can be made to any length desired according to fashion, the price difference inch for inch is less than for 100% human hair extensions. It also doesn’t reflect scarcity issues with certain human hair types e.g. Russian or Brazilian.
- Prices for hair extensions are determined by their durability and benefits. Human hair can last up to one year if treated properly and maintained well. If it is Virgin Remy or Remy quality, this product will be more expensive upfront but provide better value over the long-term.
- Prices for hair extensions are determined by brand marketing budgets. Larger brands will invest more marketing dollars than smaller businesses and will want to recover their investment. In this instance, the cost of marketing will always be passed on to the end user.
Let’s sum it up: When you are considering purchasing hair extensions from different suppliers, it is important that you understand 1. Which type of hair quality you desire; If the availability of hair is a factor in your decision; The supply chain length; The length of your hair extensions. How much you would like to spend on marketing and sales. How long you would like your extensions to last.
Remember to ask your supplier for the best customer service when you purchase hair extensions. Shari’s Hair extensions are a fashion or personal beauty item and should be treated with respect by suppliers who care about your needs. You should look for suppliers who will take the time and answer all your questions.